This week's episode of The Sporkful podcast is up! Listen through the player or iTunes/Podcasts app. (And please subscribe!)
"You know the most important thing about a family and meals is that they eat together and that they have a conversation around a dinner table," Mimi advises a new mom this week. "It doesn't really matter who cooked the food, as long as there's good nourishing food for them to have."
It must be an "every other" Thursday again -- because The Sporkful's special series, Ask Mimi, is back.
In these episodes, taped live on stage, legendary food writer Mimi Sheraton offers advice on food and life to listeners and celebrity guests.
This week, Mimi helps a new mother figure out how to juggle her career with her desire to make home-cooked meals for her family.
Plus writer and radio host Brendan Francis Newnam of the Paris Review podcast (and formerly of Dinner Party Download), asks Mimi for advice about how to make the most of cooking for one and eating alone.
If you want to hear the first season of Ask Mimi, sign up for Stitcher Premium with code SPORKFUL. The first month's free and you get access to our whole back catalog plus much more Stitcher goodness, like all the concerts from Weird Al's last tour.
- Go to Bona.com to join the BFF group and get coupons and exclusive offers on your favorite Bona products
- Go to BuildABear.com to learn about all the fun ways to celebrate birthdays at Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Go to ChosenFoods.com/Sporkful and use promo code sporkful to get 50% off your order
- Go to NationsPhotoLab.com/Buzzbooks and use promo code SPORKFUL to get a free Buzz Book
Interstitial music in this episode by Black Label Music:
- "Burley Cue" by Steve Pierson
- "Happy With You" by Ken Brahmstedt
- "Blues For Anniebelle" by Ken Brahmstedt
Photos: Gustavo Campos Paulino