'Tis the season to reflect on the past year and contemplate the year ahead. And here at The Sporkful, that means we're thinking about food -- what we loved this year and what we resolve to eat more of in the new year.
In this week's episode, Dan will report back to you on his 2017 food resolution -- more homemade whipped cream -- and we'll hear from you about which foods you resolve to eat more of in the New Year -- from gnocchi to bugs -- and why.
It's also a time of year for traditions, and our year-end ritual here at The Sporkful is to pull out our personal favorite episode from the past year to replay. (If you've ever wondered what we love listening here in Sporkful Headquarter -- well, now your know!)
And this year, it's (drum roll please)...
Patti LaBelle Brings Her Frying Pans On Tour
Patti LaBelle isn't just a music icon -- she's also a food icon.
She has several bestselling cookbooks (including a new book out this spring), a Cooking Channel show, and a line of desserts at Walmart that caused quite a stir when her sweet potato pie went viral a few years back.
In this episode, Patti tells us why she always cooks for herself when she's out on tour. And she recalls meals on the road much earlier in her career -- when she was touring the segregated South in the 1960s.
- Go to Modcloth.com and enter promo code SPORKFUL25 to get 15% off your order of $100 or more
- Go to Sonos.com and get 10% off one order of $2500 or less, using the promo code SPORKFUL10 (case sensitive)
- Go to Upsie.com and use promo code SPORKFUL for 10% off your first purchase
Interstitial music in this episode from Black Label Music:
- "Call" by Nona Marie Invie
- "Morning Blues" by JT Bates
- "Give It Up" by Stephen Clinton Sullivan
- "New Old" by JT Bates
Photos: Dan Pashman, FlickrCC/Alyson Hurt, and courtesy of Patti LaBelle