The Sporkful is extremely excited to be headlining Food For Thought, a new feature this year at the 35th Annual Taste of Chicago!
We'll be taping an episode of the podcast live on stage on Saturday, July 11 at 1:30 pm in the Food for Thought area. This show is free and open to the public.
I'll be discussing summer food festival eating strategy, testing the best way to eat an Oreo, and interviewing some amazing guests, including:
- The band SPOON on finding deliciousness on the tour bus, their pre-show eating regimen, and their favorite utensil
- Chef Curtis Duffy of Grace restaurant and the Chicago Tribune's Kevin Pang on the documentary film "For Grace"
- Hot dog and sausage maven Doug Sohn of Hot Doug's on his next big project
- Members of the Asian-American improv comedy group Stir-Friday Night on summer food festival eating strategy
- Opera singer turned donut maker Richard Drews (Dinky Donuts) on how music is like donuts
- Mathematician Eugenia Cheng on How To Bake Pi (and Pie)
Of course, as is always the case with the Taste of Chicago, there will be a ton of great food from local Chicago eateries, from classics to a wide range of ethnic cuisines. See you there!