This week's episode of The Sporkful podcast is up! Listen through the player or iTunes/Podcasts app. (And please subscribe!)
Emily and Patrick in Denver (top) have been together for three years, and they’re past the honeymoon phase.
Now they have to figure out how to work together, if they’re going to stay together for the long haul. And a lot of their disagreements center on what happens when they have to cook dinner.
"I feel like he's ... micromanaging me unnecessarily," Emily says.
For instance, she recalls: "We had made all this biscuit [dough], and I just wasn't cutting the biscuits as efficiently as [Patrick] would've liked me to."
But Patrick says he really tries to limit his unsolicited cooking advice.
"Three-quarters of the time, I'm silently stressing and thinking, 'It's OK if the green onion isn't sliced all the way through,'" he says.
This week on The Sporkful, Emily and Patrick call in for advice on learning to work together in the kitchen -- and in life.
"He says, 'You micromanage me. I hate cooking with you!'" she admits. "And I'm like, 'I'm not micromanaging you. I'm just giving you suggestions.'"
Can Patrick and Emily learn to work together harmoniously in the kitchen? Listen in to the episode for Dan and Nicole's advice.
Plus, Nicole tells us about the time she saved the day with a roll of toilet paper and two peanut butter sandwiches, and she and Dan follow up on a topic they first discussed on the show years ago.
- Go to Babeths.com and enter promo code SPORKFUL18 for free shipping on all samplers or your order of $50 or more
- Go to BobsRedMill.com to add Vanilla Protein Powder to your kitchen arsenal
- Go to ChefSteps.com/Joule and get $15 off a Joule Sous Vide, using the promo code SPORKFUL (case sensitive)
- Go to TryFirstLeaf.com/Sporkful to get three bottles of wine for only $15 (plus free shipping)
Interstitial music in this episode by Black Label Music:
- "Sun So Sunny" by Calvin Dashielle
- "Rooftop Instrumental" by Erick Anderson
-"Comin For A Change" by Stephen Sullivan
- "New Old" by JT Bates
Photos: Courtesy of Nicole Taylor and Emily T.