On this week's show, Dan's wife Janie joins him as a co-host and together, they take calls from listeners who have food-related relationship problems.
"I don't love talking into a microphone," Janie admits at the outset. "But I do have opinions."
They speak to Anton in Australia (below, with his wife Anni), who wants to like seafood, but can't stand it.
"It just seems like a block that I don't know how to get past without sort of getting the clockwork orange treatment of someone just jamming some fishies down my throat with my eyes pulled open," he tells Dan and Janie.
They also speak to Stephanie from California, whose husband Tico micro-manages her in the kitchen. Janie and Stephanie bond over their husbands' penchant for backseat cooking.
"I don't even want Dan in the kitchen when I'm cooking," Janie says.
And Stephanie agrees: "Oh my gosh, 100 percent. But almost inevitably at some point during whatever meal it is I'm cooking or something [my husband] comes in and is like, 'Well are you going to do this?'"
Plus, Dan and Janie's daughters step up to the mic to answer questions from kid listeners around the country.
- Go to BobsRedMill.com to explore their huge range of products and recipes
- Go to SunBasket.com/Sporkful to get $35 off your first order
- Go to ThirdLove.com/Sporkful to get 15% off your first purchase
Interstitial music in this episode from Black Label Music:
- "Sun So Sunny" by Calvin Dashielle
- "Sweet Summer Love" by Stephen Sullivan
- "Simple Song" by Chris Bierden
- "New Old" by James Thomas Bates
Photos: Courtesy of Dan Pashman and Anton T.