This week's episode of The Sporkful podcast is up! Listen through the player or iTunes/Podcasts app. (And please subscribe!)
When you share a communal fridge in an office or apartment, your philosophy about how the fridge should be used can become the center of conflict. That's because your fridge philosophy says a lot about how you think society should function.
-How should resources be allocated?
-How much individual liberty should we each have?
-When should big government intervene?
-Should you share the wealth, and when is it okay to rely on the support of others?
These questions come to the fore when one recurring office fridge problem rears its ugly head: fridge theft.
This week, Dan debates the etiquette and ethics of communal refrigerators with listeners. Dan also hears stories of office fridge food theft -- including one from an admitted perpetrator.
Interstitial music in this episode by Black Label Music:
- "False Alarm" by Hayley Briasco
- "Happy Jackson" by Ken Brahmstedt
- "Intrepid Stratagem" by Stephen Sullivan
- "Living Rox" by Nicholas Rod and Jack Ventimiglia
- "New Old" by JT Bates
- "Private Detective" by Cullen Fitzpatrick
- "Summer Time Instrumental" by Jack Ventimiglia